The Mass Communications Site of Blue Valley Southwest

BVSW News

BVSW News

BVSW News

Demanding Dr. Pepper

Wolf Weekly 03/08: Opinion

There are a variety of opinions when it comes to the best type of soda, and there are many factors when it comes to choosing your favorite type. However, the only correct option is Dr. Pepper — my love. Dr. Pepper is a delicious and perfectly balanced mixture of carbonation and flavor. Not only is the taste amazing, the combination of 23 unique flavors makes it superior to all other sodas.

Some restaurants do not carry Dr. Pepper, but they carry Mr. Pibb, which is a fantastic substitute, as it tastes just like it. Whether you get Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper, the quickest way to get the best soda is through a drive thru.

If you don’t know where to go, McDonald’s is the place for you. It has the best tasting Dr. Pepper by far. It’s always crisp, refreshing, and full of flavor, whereas places like Sonic and Taco Bell are gross due to the flat, plain, non-refreshing taste.

Gas stations give you the chance to accelerate the flavor by adding in different syrups like strawberry, vanilla or cherry. Freshman Peyton Gillis said she likes adding in flavorings because it spikes energy.

“It’s a good caffeine boost,” Gillis said. “I like to add it with coconut creamer and a pump of raspberry syrup.”

Another product that is always ready to go is the mixture of Cream Soda and Dr. Pepper. This combination is one of the best that could have ever been created. The most perfect sweet treat to go with a meal.

A lot of people who are fans of Coke, Sprite and Root Beer would argue that those are better than Dr. Pepper. I highly disagree. Coke leaves an unsatisfying aftertaste and the prominent flavor is overwhelming. When I think of Sprite, I think of something that is tasteful, but not enjoyable. However, Root Beer I think is another great soda, but it just doesn’t hit the spot like a Dr. Pepper. None of the other flavors have a subtle and well-balanced taste. All in all, Dr. Pepper is the only soda for me, and it should be the only soda for you, too, because it is the best and oldest soft drink.