The Mass Communications Site of Blue Valley Southwest

BVSW News

BVSW News

BVSW News

T-Wolf of the Week (02/16)

Ella Bechtel & Max Kassab

Sweetheart court — a group of 10 seniors, each with the opportunity to be voted Sweetheart King or Queen by their peers — is a central part of Sweetheart week, as they are involved in the assembly, crowning and dance.

Alongside these nominees, the court includes a Prince and a Princess — two juniors who accompany the seniors to their events and crown the King and Queen at the dance on Saturday.

Juniors Ella Bechtel and Max Kassab are this year’s Sweetheart Prince and Princess. They secured the spot by receiving the most junior class votes, and Bechtel said she is excited for the opportunity.

“I’ve known Max since eighth grade,” Becthel said. “We’ve been friends through high school and started dating our junior year. I’m very excited to be [nominated] with him. I think it’ll be very fun.”

Both Bechtel and Kassab said they’ve loved Sweetheart Week in years past and are excited to be more involved.

“We’re going to have the assembly, and everybody will be participating in Spirit Week. It’ll be exciting,” Kassab said.

At Thursday’s assembly, Bechtel and Kassab were introduced as the Prince and Princess, and they participated in the Royalty Game with the rest of the court.

“I’m most nervous to walk out in front of everyone [at the assembly], but I’m most excited for … the announcement of King & Queen,” Bechtel said.

Bechtel and Kassab said they were honored to be this year’s Prince and Princess and are grateful for the opportunity to participate in so many Sweetheart traditions.

“I’d like to thank [StuCo sponsor] RJ Palmgren for helping us through this process,” Kassab said. “And I’d like to thank all of the juniors for voting for me and Ella. Thank you.”