The Mass Communications Site of Blue Valley Southwest

BVSW News

BVSW News

BVSW News

T-Wolf of the Week (10/13)

Alex Parks

The varsity football team has swept the rest of the district schools for the first time in school history. Senior Alex Parks, wide receiver and defensive back, has helped his team achieve this accomplishment.

“It’s a great achievement,” Parks said. “Especially when I’m with my buddies.”

Parks reflected on what helped him get to this season: his younger self. He said he is grateful for the challenges he experienced during his freshman and sophomore years that led him to this moment.

“I think [my younger self] would be surprised just to see how far I came throughout my high school career,” Parks said.

However, it wasn’t just his past that helped him succeed. Parks said he is also grateful for his coaches for always making his team practice harder.

“[My coaches] made it accomplishable by sticking with us every day, and giving us confidence in ourselves and pushing us in practice,” Parks said.

Putting in the work in the off season, Parks trained with his teammates in the summer to improve. Therefore, he’s proud of his teammates for being able to shake off rocky roads, like their one loss so far this season in week 2.

“Getting beat by Miege this year [was] a pretty big loss,” Parks said. “Then coming back and winning four games straight is pretty exciting.”

Winning five times in EKL for the first time, Parks noticed how his team has grown this year. He hopes this will continue being the case, and that everyone by his side will further develop themselves as a player.

“I think we all come together as a team,” Parks

said. “We’re more of a family I think this year

than we have been in the past.”

Come out and support the football

team and their record-breaking season

tonight at Wyandotte at 5 p.m.